Day 2: What Someone Told Me About Myself

Monday, July 18, 2016

*unrelated but I miss my Iwatobi boys*

Write about something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot

Everything went downhill for me back when I entered Form 4, I don't want to dive into the details, but long story short, I got my report card back for my monthly exam and it was horrible. My class teacher was so disappointed in me because I didn't continue the success streak from Form 3. 

"You know what, Nurina? I believe this is not the best from you. Wake up. I know you have a fighting spirit in you. I know you are better than this."
Madam's words got stuck in my head. I tried to go from no As to at least one, then two, and so on. She was right. I was better than my emotional, self-blaming state. Even though I didn't get the straight As for SPM, I was so proud of myself for not letting myself down and just be my better self.

The words "I know you are better than this" sort of became words of encouragement for me even up until now. It's amazing really, to know that just mere words can become a wake up call for someone. I'll be always grateful for Madam's words.

Well, I think that's the end of my writing task for day 2.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs